Importance of heart health is still unrecognised in many parts of India. Developing a disease or defect in the heart or cardiac system might go unrecognised when one does not take care. Let us see what will keep our heart healthy.
Study of conditions
A cardiologist is a medical doctor who has extensive knowledge of the blood vessels, the cardiovascular system, and the heart. They recognise and treat conditions of the heart and blood vessels. India’s top cardiologist is available at the website of the top hospitals. The common conditions that afflict a person include the following.
- Disease of the heart muscle termed as cardiomyopathy leading to heart failure. This condition includes pulmonary oedema which is accumulation of fluids.
- Pain in the chest termed angina that is caused by the narrowing of the coronary arteries.
- Congenital heart diseases such as a hole in the heart that includes transitions from paediatric care and shared care of women with disease of the heart.
- Heart valve disease that leads to heart murmur.
- All diseases of the arteries including arteritis, atheroma, and atherosclerosis.
- Irregular heartbeat or arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation.
- Myocardial infarction or coronary artery thrombosis that results from hypertension (high blood pressure) and high cholesterol.
The work of the doctors is primarily to improve survival rates and quality of life for those who have suffered a heart attack. They are actively involved in finding more about the heart disease and efforts to prevent it. This work includes investigation into heart rhythm disorders and heart failure.
You can check the website of the top hospitals and pick one of the top 10 heart specialist doctor in India for your treatment if you have heart disease. The doctors also deal with cardiac imaging, adult congenital heart disease, interventional cardiology, heart failure, heart transplantation and related supportive devices, electrical device therapy, and ablation and related electrophysiology. Many of the cardiologists continue to do academic cardiology with the purpose of furthering the frontiers of understanding of the methods to treat various conditions of the heart.
Use of preventative medicine
Focus on preventive medicine is important because most conditions of the heart are chronic long term conditions. The effort is to neutralize and reverse any progression of the heart disease. They do this through a physical examination to evaluate the critical heart health of the patient. They do this to predict any potential heart problems that may arise. The cardiologist gives the patients medicines and advice on how to modify the lifestyle to suit the present conditions. This includes diet and exercise.
Use of diagnostic testing
One of the diagnostic tools used by a cardiologist is the echocardiogram (ECG). The cardiologist has the skill to perform the ECG and interpret the results. They also use blood tests and urine tests to make the diagnosis. At times, they may use the results from the stress tests. They will also do the cardiac catheterization tests to check the heart from the inside.
The doctors will also spend some time doing administration work. This will include maintaining patient records and preparing and submitting insurance forms.