While there are hardly any minus points of using RO system, companies are dedicated to work on the filtration system that would accompany the RO system and make that better. This is when RO is coupled with UV, anti- arsenic, water softening quality, and many more have come up to the market to meet the expanding needs.
Keeping that in mind, commercial Ro system has been designed to distinguish that of domestic ones. The needs are different; hence the modes and methods used inside are different from one another too.
Here we would breakdown two commercial Ro system types that are the most used-
- Boiler feed water treatment systems for commercial usage
This is the type of water treatment system that work in dissolving and removing contaminants like suspended solids, heavy metals like aluminium, silica, copper, iron, dissolved gases, and organic materials. As these components are responsible for corrosion, sediments, and scaling, boiler feed water treatment system works for both removing these harmful impurities as well as controlling the acidity and conductivity of the water.
A boiler feed water treatment system work in the following steps:
- It starts by intake of raw and unfiltered water, followed by the water passing through filtration units that are added for removal of sediment and organic materials
- This is then followed with dealkalisation and softening of water.
- Reverse osmosis is then used for boiler feed water treatment, sometimes coupled with Nano- Filtration (NF). These two work on removing the bacteria, silica, and hardness. RO and NF are semi- permeable membranes that work on large contaminants easily.
- The next step is degasification where the water is run through the filter for removal of dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Following all treatment steps, there come polishing and distribution where mixed bed deionization (DI), electrodeionization (EDI), or offsite regenerable DI are used.
Raw water treatment systems
Another popularly used water filtration system at the commercial area is this one where untreated and raw water is treated and purified for even human consumption.
How it works?
Raw or untreated water treatment plants that have different requirements to meet. So if the commercial plat is situated in a place where the raw water is full of arsenic or other contaminants, the raw water plant is used to treat the concern and then distributed for usage.
Raw water treatment systems start by raw water intake like all the other filters. However, unlike the other commercial water filter plants, in the raw water filters filtrations start right from the first step of water intake where water is passed through a metal grate to prevent large objects.
This is followed by clarification, disinfection, Lime softening, Ion exchange, and Membrane filtration and the water is further routed for use.
Apart from these, there are Nano- Filtration systems, brackish water reverse osmosis system, water softeners, waste water treatment, and many other. All these filtration systems cater to different needs of the commercial sites.